Migrating an existing on-premises SQL Server application to the cloud can be a daunting task that consists of many complicated steps. In this webinar, our focus is on what is perhaps the MOST important steps of the process – those that lead up to the actual move to the cloud.
The session takes you on a dive deep into the most critical considerations for moving your data and databases to Microsoft Azure.
We will cover:
- The importance of cleansing your data before a major migration
- Fully documenting your data sources and metadata
- Choosing from many different tools and techniques to move the actual data
- How to test data for fidelity
- Forecasting how much migration will cost
- How to maintain parallel systems during transitional phases
You also see demos and overviews of native features within SQL Server that enable you to move data, as well as show powerful tools from the SentryOne product set that can make data migrations painless. Join us for this informative session so that you know where the hard work pays off the most!
As we are doing a joint session with SentyOne, and we are using the SentryOne system for broadcasting the session, we are using the SentryOne signup form and there are two different times that we will be doing the webcast. One time for North America and one time for EMEA time, so there’s one more click to get to the signup form. So click over to either the North America sign up form or the EMEA sign up form, get signed up and watch the webcast.