On Friday January 16th, I will be doing a precon for SQL Saturday Nashville with Stacia Misner (b|t) entitled “Finding Your Balance: BI in the Cloud, On Premises, or Both”. Stacia and I wrote a white paper for Microsoft last year on this topic, and we’ve continued to evolve the course material. This class will be aimed at a variety of IT folks—I’d really recommend it for IT managers, as we’ll cover a good overview of most of the cloud services available from Microsoft that are applicable to business intelligence (BI). For BI practitioners, in addition to the overview, we will demo Power BI, including the all new Power BI designer and dashboard features.
In addition to covering the BI side of data warehousing, we will also cover what you need to know from a network, active directory, and performance perspective to make cloud or hybrid data warehouse solutions work for you.
In this full-day workshop, you learn:
- How to use Azure components to build a BI infrastructure completely or partially in the cloud
- What changes to your solution architecture are necessary when you move components to the cloud
- Best practices for configuring and networking Azure resources
- How to integrate your cloud-based solution with your on-premises Active Directory (both Power BI and Azure IaaS and PaaS)
- How to securely connect Power BI to your Azure and on-premises data sources
- How to configure supported data sources for scheduled refresh
Best practices for administering Power BI components in Office 365
I hope you can join use in Nashville.
Contact the Author | Contact DCAC