My first European trip this year includes two of my favorite bike races, the Tour of Flanders (or as my Belgian friends call it, the Ronde van Vlaanderen) and Paris-Roubaix. In the week between on Wednesday, I will be doing a full day of training at SQLBITS in Telford. I’ve had the good luck to be working with SQL Server on Linux since very early days of the development process, and am looking forward to sharing that knowledge with attendees.
In this full day training session you will learn about the Linux operating system. Some of the topics we’ll talk about include:
- Operating system architecture
- Security Model
- File manipulation
- Common commands and using them together
- Bash and Korn shells
- Shell scripting
- File systems and Volume Managers
- Clustering in Linux
- You will also lean about technologies in SQL Server.
- Monitoring O/S performance
- Proper SQL Server configuration
- Automating deployment
- Deploying High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Whether you are new to Linux and UNIX and want to get started, or if you can awk and sed your way through a maze, this precon will have something for you.
Contact the Author | Contact DCAC